Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Friday, October 06, 2006

it's about time

law school has finally proven to be useful for something! i started to read a case for family law today, when the fact pattern struck me as being familiar. the case was about whether california had personal jurisdiction over a father so i went back to my civ pro notes and sure enough, i found notes on the case! the moral of the story is that the only thing law school is good for is occasionally realizing you've already read something in one class so now you dont have to for another.

2 Comments:

At 10/07/2006 1:25 AM, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

I think I just read that case in civ pro. I say "i think" because I've basically stopped reading cases for civ pro. I love my commercial outline.

 
At 10/07/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger LawStudentGuyPerson said...

Yeah I love that too - and I remember that case as well, I think I've read it twice too, and not for Family Law.

But it also happens where the second read covers all the material that was cut from your 1L textbook. I hate that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home