Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

i heart blogs, i club seals

today i was thinking. i'm very happy with my life right now. probably the happiest i've ever been. now before you diagnose me as bipolar, hear me out.

as my real life friends (arguably the only ones who really matter anyway) know, this blog is but one side of me. this blog is therapy. i rant here so that i dont carry any frustration over to the other facets of my life. and largely, it works. plus, i think ranting is funny. and i love funny.

dont mistake this as an admission that anything on my blog is fabricated--i assure you it is not. i do despise my school. but i largely write about the bad stuff here, while in reality i attempt to make the best of it (which i admit, is quite taxing at times...or damn near impossible). after all, who the hell wants to hear about how i enjoyed my time in the cafe with my coffee doing the crossword? or the 5 minutes before class i spent talking and laughing with my friends? no one. or at least, not you. not random readers.

so really, you should be thanking me. and you're welcome. but i love writing, and i love this blog. and i plan on writing for a long time to come. but i was thinking, perhaps i'll post about different types of stuff now and then, just to mix it up, and preempt any "cheer up, emo kid" comments people might think of dishing my way. i assure you that while i do the cutting, it's never to myself.

i've just gotten to the point where, although i still think ranting is funny, i'd like to explore other areas, and write about other things too. life, philosophy, whatever.

and with that, i'll end this on a high note. see how i bring my posts full circle? you love that.

8 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

pleeeeease please please write about happier things. i know you're capable of expressing more than one emotion. :P

so, a seal walks into a club . . .

 
At 9/27/2006 12:52 PM, Blogger josh said...

yeah...lobbying me probably wont work. dont tell me my business devil woman!

 
At 9/27/2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Damon said...

Well people think the media shouldn't only focus on crime and bad news then only talk and blog about bad things. I make a post saying I can't believe how well things are going for me and I'm pelted with comments to knock me off my high horse. Look out man, if life is good then you are arrogant.

 
At 9/27/2006 3:29 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

oh, damon has a good point. i was going to write a good news post, and then i thought, erm, maybe people will think i'm bragging? and so there it sits, saved as a draft, unpublished.

but maybe i'll say to hell with ya'll and post it anyway. :D

 
At 9/27/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger josh said...

ya'll??? you dirty southerner

 
At 9/27/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

don't insult me! i'm no "southerner"! ugh. you disgust me.

and besides, they don't have vegetarians in the south. they don't believe in that sort of thing. only fried chicken for those folk!

:O

 
At 9/28/2006 12:20 AM, Blogger josh said...

you are a southerner, judging by the state your parents are domiciled. and if you want to claim the state where you spent your first year of law school, then by saying "ya'll" it just shows you're a dirty southerner wannabe, which is arguably even worse.

and i'm sure they have some vegetarians in the dirty dirty. i mean, they dont believe in racial equality, but they have black people.

 
At 9/29/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Just thought I'd call your attention to the first definition for "ya'll" at Urban Dictionary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home