Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Monday, October 02, 2006

case of the mondays

oh it's definitely monday. woke up freezing as fuck. but i refuse to turn my heat on because i also refuse to pay the gas company over $400/mo. maybe it's time to go purchase the space heater. also, despite a full night's sleep, i was so tired when i got up. and reality set in. dominique's gone, it's back to school, back to work, etc.

normally its not so bad, but this year i'm just going thru the motions at school. between school and working at a law firm, i've become pretty turned off to the notion of practicing law. i probably wont take the bar. i almost certainly wont take it next july. classes often bore me, with rare interesting topics sprinkled in. most often, these are things i can get into philosophically...so really it has no application to law school itself. lame.

i also realized that my blogrolling hasnt been working, and it doesnt tell me when other blogs are updated. so i tried to logon and it told me i need to either login or create an account, which i have obviously already done. so i told it to email me my password. it hasnt. piece of shit.

finally, my stupid neighbors need to realize that the LAST thing i want to do before 9am is stand out in the freezing cold and make nonsensical small talk. i know you dont have jobs, but i do have school. and i dont wake up 4 hours early to just sit around and talk or waste time. i wake up with enough time to shower, take the dog out, maybe eat (most likely in the car), and go to class. and it doesnt help that you're crazy.

so this morning, the lady downstairs who cant control her cats (let's call her mary) tried to start up a conversation when santos ran over to her when we were outside. seriously, the only problem with friendly dogs like santos is that they're too stupid to differentiate between normal people and sketchy-as-shit people, aka my neighbors. anyway, mary's cats were apparently outside again. there are also a couple of other cats, probably strays, who hang out by our backyard/parking area. well, evidently, one of the strays got into a catfight with one of her cats, and cut it's eye and tail. while i sort of feel sorry for the cat, i sort of dont at all. if she could be responsible and take care of her damn cats it would be fine. and it might also be the cat that was hissing at santos, in which case i almost kicked it myself. i will protect my dog. i dont want him to be the one with the scratched eye.

time to start working for next weekend...

3 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 2:16 PM, Blogger LauraDorf said...

"also, despite a full night's sleep, i was so tired when i got up. and reality set in. "

yes.

that is me today.

 
At 10/02/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Brancibeer said...

"everybody's working for the weeekend..."

Thanks. Like I really needed an 80's flashback hit in my head on monday...

 
At 10/02/2006 2:55 PM, Blogger josh said...

hahaha if i'm going down, i'm bringing as many people as possible with me.


need another one? how about, i'm too sexy for my shirt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home