Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

money in the bank

i recently earned the easiest $20 of my life. last week, i was sitting in class with one of my friends, making fun of her for missing an earlier class we had together. at this point, she told me that she had missed that class a lot, and so she wouldn't miss it for the rest of the semester. naturally, i called bullshit. so she says "wanna bet?" i asked the stakes, and she said $20. absolutely. now one of the reasons this bet was so easy is because our class meets on fridays. so, i show up on friday morning, and of course, she's a no-show.

money in the bank, my friends, money in the bank.

6 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger DJ Booze PiƱata said...

You can't knock the hustle, baby.

 
At 4/08/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

packages, packages! more fun comments about packages! go see!

I'm used to always be late to classes in law school. Then in my second year at billable-hour-out-your-ass law firm, I got bitter and burnt out, especially after working well into the night, and I started running late for work. My mentor, who I had a total crush on, started betting me that I couldn't make it to work by 9:00a.m. I would always say "you lose, sucker!!" Then he would smirk at me as I would step off the elevator at 9:08 a.m. Every. Day. (Well, sometimes it was 9:06, sometimes 9:07, sometimes 9:10, and if I was really motivated, 9:02.) Never accept a bet if you know you're gonna lose.

 
At 4/08/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger Mystical Me said...

Right on!! I need to look her up, I want to make some easy money too. GO DICTA!! Take care, MM XOXO

 
At 4/08/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger JLee said...

I got $20 for ya MM!! woo hoooo!

 
At 4/08/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

You gonna put that in her g-string, jlee? In that case, I got $20 for ya too, MM!!

 
At 4/09/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Brancibeer said...

I've got more than a 20 for ya...

Man, we have successfully defiled another comments section. You girls just know how to get things going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home