Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

the first step

ok, i admit it, i have a problem. it plagues me almost everyday, and i'm quickly losing control over it. i get very frequent headaches.

basically, advil is my 6th food group (or just add 1 to however many the "nutritionist" of the week tells you there are. let's face it, basic nutrition is not unlike meteorology...common sensical. eat in moderation and exercise, and you're fine). since saving the puppy on monday, i've had a headache every day, including a migraine yesterday (how's that for good karma). in about 7 months, i've gone thru a giant bottle of 200 advil (28.6 advil/month) not counting the ones i've taken from my supplementary bottles in both my car and backpack.

i have always lived with these headaches, but realized it was a problem when i was talking to my buddy ryan today at school. he asked how i was doing, and i said not bad, except for my headache. to which he replied, "man, you always have a headache every time i see you." he's right.

so we were thinking about possible causes. maybe it's allergies? i've been to the allergist and take daily allergy medication, so this is not likely it. do i need glasses? i have them, for reading/working on the computer/looking in the mirror (man, i'm so fucking hot in my glasses). maybe stress? i do have a lot on my plate, but i'm happy these days. my life is going great and, despite daily bitchings, i couldnt ask for anything else.

so then i was thinking maybe society is to blame. if something goes wrong, it seems society is a popular place on which to shift blame these days. or other people. or maybe i get headaches from all that tv violence. no, it's probably legalized abortions and the liberal media.

but in the end, i think the real answer is that this is just "the man's" way of holding me down. i wonder if there's a minority scholarship for frequent-headache-sufferers...

14 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger josh said...

it is naut a tumah

 
At 4/06/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger The Namby Pamby said...

I think that these headaches give you the liberty to drink more and think less

 
At 4/06/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

I agree with namby. I have a constant upperback/shoulder/neck ache, I've had it for over a week now. I'm just so tight all across that whole area. I used up probably half of a 50-pill bottle of advil this past week b/c of it, and it won't go away. So know what I'm gonna do about it tonight? I'm gonna drink but not think. Going to book club tonight, and you're probably thinking "book club? that doesn't sound like more drink and less think," but you don't know my book club. I sometimes call it wine and gossip club, because we spend 2/3 the time just drinking wine and talking, and 1/3 maybe discussing the actual book. Which I have not read this time, but I'll just get real drunk as soon as I get there, listen a little to what other people say, then make shit up. And when they say "hm, I don't remember that in the book," I'm gonna say "well, you should've read it a little more carefully. it was in there. how much wine have you had tonight?" :)

packages packages!

yeah, i'm loopy, i haven't slept in about 3 days. i need to get out of here.

 
At 4/06/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger d$ said...

humm i read the part about packages, then something about a neck ache...

 
At 4/06/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger JLee said...

Holmes took my comment....he even steals from people's brains dammit!

 
At 4/06/2006 5:04 PM, Blogger JLee said...

you all need a good massage therapist!!

 
At 4/06/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

hahahaha, dominique, how did you know what i've been bending my neck over doing all this past week? packages packages!!

jlee, gimme a massage?!

dicta, the ladies are taking over your comment section .... ;)

 
At 4/06/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Brancibeer said...

Dicta, have you bothered to ask yourself why you are getting headaches? I mean really ask? Do some breathing exercises like visualizing the air coming into your lungs and the oxygen being released into your capillaries. The O2 travels thru your bloodstream into your brain. Why is it hurting? People are too busy these days to pay attention to what their bodies are telling them.

Or you can drink. That works.

 
At 4/06/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

branci, the cute younger man with the zen wisdom ... sage words.

 
At 4/06/2006 7:35 PM, Blogger DJ Booze PiƱata said...

Watch it man....that Screamers movie started the same way. With a guy from...Connecticut?

I admit I've seen the title sleeve a couple times. At least!

Sore shoulders? Pushups.
Sore neck? Do whatever the fuck dominique's doing.

 
At 4/06/2006 11:41 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

are you allergic to santos? poor guy (santos, that is).

 
At 4/06/2006 11:45 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

I don't think dicta can do that to himself, macunas. Unless he's a circus freak.

 
At 4/06/2006 11:48 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

Oh wait ... sore shoulder and neck, that was me. Ok, let me rephrase then: I would be happy to, if only I had someone to do whatever it is to. Hm, does that make any sense to anyone? Fuck, maybe I drank too much wine at book club.

 
At 4/07/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

hahahaha walking tort, are you saying things have changed since high school? you put less things in your mouth now?

dicta, who knew headaches could be so entertaining?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home