Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Monday, March 27, 2006

st. elmo's flier

some say imitation is the highest form of flattery. others say it's copulation. perhaps i'll discuss the latter group at some point, but i'm posting today to talk about the former. as you all know, i regularly channel my hysterical antics into poster form every monday, in order to lighten the mood and kick the week off right for both myself and my readers. one inevitability of this, however, is that at some time there is bound to be at least one uncreative, unoriginal, and overzealous reader who passes my work off as their own (or at least posts it without credit).

now, perhaps our overeager zealot didnt realize that i create the posters. but to me it just seems like proper blog ettiquite to give some credit when you take something from another blog. and if you disagree, you can shut the hell up until you make something creative (note: it's also proper ettiquite to tell people to shut the hell up as you deem necessary).

and i say this solely for the good of the charlatans who rip others off. i am not trying to, nor am i under any delusion that i will, become well-known thru my blog or my motivational monday posts. but people are going to be really disappointed when the day comes that you're stranded out there on your own without the support system of the internet and your true, boring colors shine thru. and why shouldnt they be? for shame, they thought they knew you.

ultimately, anyone who wants should feel free to copy any of my work. i do not mind. however, and this is a preemptive disclaimer of sorts, you cannot complain when i link to you and then make fun of you. especially if your blog is lame. and you are clearly at least middle aged, yet call yourself a girl. and spell it "gurl" no less. no matter how much you want to feel younger, i dont think you need to resort to flagrant and childish spelling errors. if you really want to feel younger you should just not look in the mirror for a few days. and just be yourself! your lame, plagarizing self. hope this helps!

originally witty and yours,

dicta

19 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 5:01 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

i didn't know you created the quips on those posters. dicta? creative?

who knew!

 
At 3/27/2006 5:08 PM, Blogger josh said...

i'm not just a pretty face, you know

 
At 3/27/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger josh said...

nope, all motivational monday posters have been dicta originals.

if i told you how i found her post, i'd have to kill you. admittedly, this avenue is tempting after the scissors comment down in "swiss mess," nevertheless i'm not sure it alone warrants your demise.

 
At 3/27/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger d$ said...

and you acted offended when i suggested that you were going to be mean in this post..

 
At 3/27/2006 6:38 PM, Blogger josh said...

hahaha i dont know if i meant to act offended. i actually went into the post undecided, but it just kept rolling. if there's one thing i know, when you're on a roll, dont stop!

the only thing thats really mean is probably the age bit, cuz we all get old. nevertheless, no self-respecting adult spells girl with a "u."

 
At 3/27/2006 6:58 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

damn, does this mean i should take down that other blog i created where i copy all of your posts and pass them off as my own? cuz that blog's really popular.

 
At 3/28/2006 8:56 AM, Blogger LauraDorf said...

Somehow she stole your motivation from a Monday AND the working title of my new Prankster show on the New WB/UPN:

This is obviously a joke people! Keep it light! LOL!©

bitch.

 
At 3/28/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger d$ said...

hahaha!

look out "girls behaving badly!"

 
At 3/28/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger JLee said...

oh crap! I'm sure she didn't know....she is really a nice person!

 
At 3/28/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger josh said...

i believe it, jlee...i'm sure it was an honest mistake. i was just in a devious mood or something. it's really more flattering than anything, that someone would want to use it. i have no hard feelings towards ballerinagurl, and i dont mind people using my shiz. after all, its good stuff!

 
At 3/28/2006 6:56 PM, Blogger JLee said...

true dat!

 
At 3/28/2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Lori said...

i am sure it was an honest mistake too. she really is a great person

 
At 3/29/2006 4:00 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Hi Dicta!!

Was told on the phone that you were mad at me for linking the URL to your picture. I am so sorry. I really am a nice person and please take it at flattery!!! People borrow my stuff AND PERSONAL PICS If you can believe it (such as bands on the IAC!!) without asking and I too have a giggle. I want you to know I LOVEEEEEE the elmo pic and am flattered that you came to check out my blog as well! Thank you and I will be sure to give you credit. I see things like this ALL the time and had no clue you actually created this one. WAY TO GO! I must send some ideas your way as you are so amazingly witty and clever there.

Please be kind to me No harm meant!!

X-Molly/BallerinaGurl

 
At 3/29/2006 4:02 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

and by the way....I NEVER passed it off as my own! Let me make that VERY clear! If I was trying to pass it off as my own...I would say "Look what I did". I am pretty blunt lol.

 
At 3/29/2006 4:02 AM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

is barely 30 middle aged?

 
At 3/29/2006 9:18 AM, Blogger josh said...

it's all good, no worries. i've decided it's more flattering than anything else. ignore the stuff about your blog...i was just being fecetious. i think you're fine, plus an endorsement from jlee is solid.

 
At 3/29/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger josh said...

hahaha, well i thought of that, holmes. which is why i said in the post i felt people should cite things from others' blogs. however, i have since attempted to reneg my position, and allow for the free flow of info and motivational mondays. thanks, though. hahaha

 
At 3/29/2006 3:17 PM, Blogger d$ said...

brilliant, my plan for a motivational monday coffee table book is in the works!

 
At 3/29/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger josh said...

you're splitting those profits with me!!! hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home