Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Monday, October 09, 2006

have i told, you lately, that i hate you?

have i told you, there's no one else below you. you fill my heart with badness, take away all my gladness, fuel my anger that, that's what you do.

fucking law students.

so this requires a bit of a backstory. a friend and i were discussing a local band we like, and i saw on their website that they play weddings. so we decided to order our friend a mail order bride and surprise him, in order to book the band. anyway, she emailed our conversation to laura and a few other, evidently random, people. laura replied to my email, and i burst out laughing at her response in my law school cafe.

then these 2 2L girls at the next table who heard me laugh turn around, and laugh to each other about me. then they look at me, and one asks, "something funny?" to which i replied, abrasively, "i'm laughing, aren't i?" then they look at me, and they kind of laugh, then one gives me a thumbs up.

so apparently, i'm not allowed to laugh here without drawing criticims or being made fun of (this of course ignores the fact that these 2 were talking and laughing the whole time). i honestly dont know what drove their reactions to my laughter. perhaps their own insecurities, as one is quite mannish and the other is her fat friend, who i'm sure she hangs out with to look less fat? maybe since they're both ugly? or maybe it's just their natural lack of social skills, being law students and all.

either way, they dont know me, and in the future they might consider hesitating before taking a good, long look at themselves. it is exactly this type of clicky, superficial, shallow, ridiculous, illogical, nonsensical behavior which drives me to loathe so many of my fellow classmates. honestly, what the fuck?

the comfort in it all is knowing how happy i am with my friends and my life. it's a happiness in itself, that people like these 2 could never understand. nevertheless, it's still a pain in my fucking ass to have to put up with this shit.

2 Comments:

At 10/09/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger josh said...

readers should note that my mere observations of these girls as being fat and/or ugly should not be confused with characteristics of being shallow, of which i accuse them. these traits would not alone make me dislike anyone. i merely posit that their own recognition of these traits cause an insecurity, which they then attempt to compensate for by acting immaturely, among other things.

 
At 10/10/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger LauraDorf said...

"Have I told you lately... That I hate you?
Have I told you, there's no one else... below you?
You fill my heart with sadness...
Take away all my gladness...
Give me troubles, thats what you do.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Rod Stewart!"

-Lyrics by Van Morrison (1989), Performed by Rod Stewart (1991), lyrics modified by Laura Kingstorf & Julie Christianson - copyright 1991

-performed during every car trip from 1991 - 1992 (at least...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home