Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

spiritual awakening

it's absolutely gorgeous outside today for this time of year in my location. it is sunny with blue skies in an area known for permagloom. i called the golf course to see if they were open, and of course they were. it's too nice a day not to be, especially for january. so i called up my friend to see if he wanted to go, but i just got his machine so i left a message. cuz of this we probably wouldnt make the available tee times anyway. but that wasnt going to ruin my day. my options were jumping on with a group i didnt know, or going to the driving range. the former didnt really seem like a good idea for the first time out of the year, so i went with the latter.

it was on the way to the range where i had my religious experience. i was driving along, happily singing along to some clarence carter ("i'm not just good, i'm the best"). traffic was steady, but moving. it's not a huge town anyway. but then it happened: about one minute before the golf course, i passed a church. i looked over, and in the parking lot was a mother, with her son. he was dressed up very nicely, in a shirt and tie, and some nice black pants. and then it hit me like a ton of bricks...

THANK GOD i'm not at church right now.

the driving range was great. i crushed the driver. you KNOW.

3 Comments:

At 1/28/2006 4:50 PM, Blogger First Year said...

Nice :) I live next door to some religous nuts and every sunday when me and boyfriend are just waking up at 12-2 ish and we're taking the used beer to the trash we see them coming home dressed in suits/dresses.

I am thankful that I spent the last 4 hours sleeping off my alcohol instead of listening to how evil I am (because I already know that!)

 
At 1/28/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

um, i'm a little worried about our mutual friend. apparently he disappeared from a party being held at his place last night. i'll call him, but i dunno what happened....eep?

 
At 1/28/2006 10:09 PM, Blogger JLee said...

whew..for a minute I thought you were going all sappy on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home