Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

when i need you most

see, i told you i'd be back. and quite soon at that. because i realized some things. first, i enjoy sentence fragments. but second, and perhaps more importantly, in an existential sort of way, blogging has become my religion. i've been doing it since jan 2004, mostly on MW (to which i still contribute), while coalm here is my new baby blog (incidentally, elle, this is my 22nd post, so i will hit that thing up upon my next post, which i assume should be soon). but it's not until these more stressful times (read: exams) that i realized the therapeutic value of blogging (or perhaps more accurately, re-realized. after all, this is my 2nd year). blogging allows an outlet for frustrations, musings, observations, and anything else that needs to escape.

for example, as a transfer this year, i had the wonderful pleasure of taking crim pro with first years. being fall semester, they have not taken any law school exams yet, and are scared shitless. its funny really. i cant wait until the pompous know-it-all in front bombs his first exam. arrogantly answering questions all semester as if no other solution is reasonable, his haughty aura of know-it-allism has slowly worn me down all semester.

i further found it comical when our professor told all the 1Ls that law exams are "easy." i think i can confidently say i know a thing or two about a thing or two. and one thing i know is that law exams are not easy. however, that does not mean they're something to be scared of, nor should one drastically alter their lifestyle simply for the purpose of getting those 2 extra points. even several hours later, i cant take what my professor said seriously, and i'm hoping he only said that in some vindictive plan to lure them to thinking it will be simple then bending them over like they were an illegitimate stepchild.

those are just minor examples of my overall point. there's something about the ability to say whatever you want whenever you want, and even get outside opinions if you want, that relaxes the mind and body. so then i guess my god would be...me? after all, i created my blog. i am blogmaster. i make the rules. i can smite people from my blog. i can be the reason for blog wars. my blog is created in the image of my mind, and all my posts originate from it. my holy book is whatever i say, and even if its not logical you have to accept it, and what it says, while on my blog. not to do so would be to face unappealing consequences, including, but not limited to, deletion and becoming the subject of libel.

an important aspect of my religion is my characteristic of all-knowingness. therefore, as god, i have the ability to answer the pressing questions, such as 'do you think there are hummers in heaven?'

to answer, i paraphrase rodney carrington: if i cant get a hummer, it'll be a real bummer. so, in the faith that i follow, you know the chicks swallow. if your halo is glowing then there'll be some real blowing, and it wont be gabriel's horn.

8 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

I'm beginning to know how you feel about the blogging. That's why I just created my own little baby blog: oysters and beer (named after two of my most favorite things). It's freeing to be able to write anything I want and not give a shit if anybody likes it or not. I have so many more ideas for posts floating around in my head, I almost can't write them down fast enough (but I'll try to space them out to keep the hordes of readers wanting more).

It's strange in a cool way to read blogs by people going through law school. Strange because I realize that I have really repressed my own memories of law school, I must've just blocked it all out as soon as I graduated, but cool because I can relate and remember (and rejoice that I'm no longer there).

As to your question, all I want to know is, is there proper reciprocation? I say you gotta give in order to receive.

 
At 11/30/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger josh said...

there is proper reciprocation, yes, but it works a little differently than you might imagine. obviously, if the women in heaven are to give hummers, they need to be kept happy as well. that's where those who dont quite make my heaven come in. once the hummer is issued, these slaves take care of the reciprocation, and they dont stop til the women tell them to. the reason the men in heaven dont reciprocate themselves is not that its not heavenly, but instead just that i'd rather be golfing.

 
At 11/30/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger d$ said...

smite away dicta, there hasn't been enough of that going on lately. also.. see if you can arrange some showers of fire and brimstone. "hummers in heaven" sounds like a good name for a blog come to think of it..

 
At 11/30/2005 4:14 PM, Blogger Supreme Monkey Overlord said...

ok, we all love blogging, but if its really the theriputic aspect of it all, why do we offer our innermost feelings, insights and random commentary for the whole world to see? why not keep it private/offline? where does this feeling of shouting everything to the world come from?

wheels turning...... clink..... clink.... clink... clink.. clink. SNAP!

 
At 11/30/2005 4:43 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

i think there's a compelling voyeuristic element to it, too. it's interesting to catch glimpses into other people's innermost thoughts and feelings. and it does provide a certain charge, edge, wtf i can't think of the right word to describe it, to your own thoughts and comments, knowing that they are exposed for all to see should they so choose. kind of like having sex in a public place, or near a window in your house with the curtains open: you're doing something that's normally a private and intimate act, but you're putting yourself in a position where other people could see you, watch, share in the act in some way - - it adds a charged element to an intimate encounter, and can increase the pleasure, whether you know someone else actually watched or not. (forgive me today if i'm offending you, i must have sex on the brain for some reason)

 
At 11/30/2005 5:58 PM, Blogger Elle Woods said...

I suppose I could have noticed you'd only been here for 2 months...Opps-sorry!

 
At 11/30/2005 7:10 PM, Blogger josh said...

SMUGGS
luckily, no one has really come thru here and commented about anything such that i want to smite them. wait til someone posts as "anonymous." i hate that. but if i find out it's you, you'll get your comeuppance!!

MATT
what's therapeutic about it for me is just getting the thoughts out of my head onto another media. besides, anyone who reads my posts either 1) is a good friend, 2) is someone i dont even know, 3) understands cuz they're blogging for the same reasons i am, or 4) they're a combo of more than 1 of the above.

SADIELADY
you never have to apologize for talking about sex here on coalm. in fact, it's encouraged. also, your blog's off to a good start. i encourage others to check it out.

ELLE
no problem, i shall be there with my next post here, but really i've been on WM for almost 2 years now. perhaps i'll just take my post there and use it.

 
At 12/01/2005 12:30 PM, Blogger sadielady said...

thank you, dicta. (btw, it's kind of hard to write your name w/o a certain body part popping up in my head each time, the association of similar-sounding words.) and if llary's reading this, i think this blog has its fair share of sexual innuendo, too. to which i am happy to contribute in the comments section. and good luck on your exams, both of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home