Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

live and learn...or not

i love dogs, but what's the deal with pitbulls? honestly, they attack people all the time. they're not really dogs as much as they are wild animals. and of course everyone seems to know that one exception, that one pitbull that's just really loving and friendly and not at all like the stereotypes for the breed. my cousin has a pitbull and that's how she describes him. and i used to almost buy into all that bullshit, until it bit me. i wasn't even doing anything. we were standing in the living room and i was talking to my cousin, her then-husband, my parents, and my sister. and he just walked up behind me and bit the back of my leg.

people with pitbulls get mad at me now because i call them on their bullshit when they say that their dog is the exception. yeah, well i just dont want your fucking exception to bite my leg. i really like animals, (particularly dogs and particularly not deer), but i rank pitbulls in the same category as stray cats: euthanize me please.

7 Comments:

At 2/03/2007 11:57 AM, Blogger law monkey said...

what about baby seals? you like baby seals, don't you?

 
At 2/04/2007 7:58 AM, Blogger Damon said...

The way that article is almost entirely single sentence paragraphs written in grade school form doesn't do much for my opinion of the South. But that a 65 year old man defeated a 80 lb dog in a fight to the death, impressive.

 
At 2/04/2007 10:16 AM, Blogger d$ said...

this one is written a little better.

 
At 2/05/2007 8:34 AM, Blogger Damon said...

I'm highly educated, unemployed, and born into the upper middle class what do you want from me? Compassion? Common sense? I'll have none of it. Seriously though, shouldn't the press be held to a slightly higher standard of English than comments on a law school blog?

 
At 2/05/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger d$ said...

Well, to be fair, it's an article from a television news website (local 2!), not from a newspaper. They may have just posted a transcript of what was said on the show. Also, it wasn't so much a fight to the death, the guy dragged the dog to his house by the collar and didn't realize he'd killed it.

 
At 2/05/2007 2:58 PM, Blogger Damon said...

Why do you have to go bringing calm, fairness, and facts into this?

 
At 2/05/2007 8:11 PM, Blogger d$ said...

sorry, i ruin everything. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home