Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

old people - what the fuck

yesterday i called in my allergy prescription to cvs, so today after my morning class i went to pick it up. i walked back to the pharmacy, and there was an old woman at the counter then an old guy and an old woman sitting in the chairs cvs always has by the pharmacy. i get in line behind the old woman.

for the first few minutes, the pharmacists seem to be ignoring us completely. there are 3 of them at the counter, just filling bottles with pills. i imagine that 1 is working for the old lady in front of me, but really, do they need 3 people doing that when there's a line? my prescription was already filled and waiting, since i'm not irresponsible like the old lady in front of me.

so the old lady is helped, and the woman behind the counter asks how she can help me. suddenly, the old man who was sitting springs up and says, "excuse me, i was next." what the fuck? listen old man, there are things called lines. if you want something that other people also want, you wait in them. and if standing for the extra 5 minutes is going to kill you, then it was probably just your time anyway. if you had died in line, i might've even bothered to step over you on my way to the counter.

as soon as the pharmacist is done with the old man, the old lady who was sitting asks, "is mine almost done yet?" to which the pharmacist replies, "i just finished it, yes." so now this old bag, also not waiting in line, gets up and walks right in front of me to get her pills. old lady, if you cant go an extra 2 minutes without your pills, just accept the fact that darwin is trying to tell you something. besides, if you had died in the chair you wouldnt even be in the way. so either get in line or wait your fucking turn.

nobody likes to wait in line. but as bad as that is, it's even worse to get cut...twice. fucking old people.

3 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger LauraDorf said...

I think that ignoring customers is taught in pharmacology (sp?) programs.

Usually I fill my prescriptions online before going in and being ignored. I hate when they stop filling bottles, counting shit, and/or "looking up data" on the computer to look me in the eye, say NOTHING, and go back to whatever they were doing.

 
At 9/13/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger josh said...

damnit holmes! i never should've told you that!

 
At 9/14/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger d$ said...

maybe all the old people i've seen falling down at bars lately is just karma's way of punishing them for cutting in line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home