Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

paging doctor kevorkian

i got a haircut today. i hate getting haircuts. i like that my hair is shorter in the end, but i hate the whole process. today, as i waited to get it cut, i heard the girl who would later cut my hair saying how she felt that her beauty school didnt give her any experience on how to cut guys' hair and how the first time she got a guy she freaked out, and how she was new at this haircutting establishment.

i hate that they raised the rates from $12 to $16 over the summer. really? a 33% increase? for guys' hair? honestly? soon i'm going to start cutting this shit myself. especially cuz i often hate how it comes out. today, i had tons of random hairs sticking up when she was done with the haircut. she was right, she can't cut guys' hair for shit. i could've slipped my head under some emo kid's razor and gotten a better haircut. i should not have to fix my own haircut when i get home. bullshit.

lastly, i hate the atmosphere of hair places. i would never kill myself, mainly because i love myself far too much. but if i wanted to but just couldnt pull the trigger (so to speak), i would just go to a hair place and sit there and listen to the stupid, innane, boring, idle chatter which ensues during every single haircut ever. the same girl who cut my hair had been talking to her previous victim about how she started college but it just wasnt for her. and she started at a really shitty pennsylvania college too (is there any other kind of pa college?). boy was she right. i dont even think she was cut out for middle school.

what i really need is a stylish gay guy to cut my hair. their prices are probably higher, but considering the alternative its probably worth it. plus, they'll certainly do a good job. i hear gay guys are really anal.

5 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 5:50 PM, Blogger prettylawchick said...

I can tell you its no better being a female customer at a salon...I worked at one for 1 month before I quit to avoid killing myself...or the owner...right there in the middle of the salon. :)

 
At 9/12/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger LawStudentGuyPerson said...

i hear gay guys are really anal.
(rimshot)

Funny - I'm going for a haircut today after work. You know what I hate (in addition to your worthy list)? They always ask me what "number" to use on the clippers. How the hell should I know? Did I go to whatever school they send barbers to?

Would it be so hard for me to remember from last time? Maybe not. But I never do. So just take my description of what I want and translate that into a number. Sheesh.

 
At 9/12/2006 10:28 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

i know a place you can go to, gay guys and all. i mean, since you said that's what you want . . .

 
At 9/13/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Supreme Monkey Overlord said...

i've had a gay guy cut my hair before and it was a great hair cut. they actually care what it looks like. but it is a little creepy. how much is he enjoying touching my head? i think i'd be a little offended if he didn't like it.

oh man, i can think of a million dirty things to add here. gay men are comedic gold!

 
At 9/13/2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Damon said...

"really shitty pennsylvania college too (is there any other kind of pa college?)"
ahem...You have been to, and often talked highly of a certain university smack in the middle of otherwise sketchy PA.

$16? Wow, since I've cut my own or had friends do it since high school, I must have saved a couple hundred by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home