Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

everybody loves dicta

i got some nice stuff in the mail today. granted, i still havent received the gift i bought for dominique (there will almost certainly be more on this soon), but i got other stuff.

first, omaha steaks decided that i am someone who "travels in style, eats in fine restaurants -- and appreciates the difference between dinner at a four-star restaurant and a sandwich on the run," and that i'm therefore part of a "very select group" worthy of a "special invitation." and the deal does seem like a good one, tons of meat for only $60 (a savings of $145). but i'm right in the wake of a disaster from a similar thing, so all i will be doing is accepting the absolutely free 6 piece cutlery set.

you see, recently the pga partners club sent me a letter (6th reminder) that i need to pay. they claim to have sent me a welcome kit (which they didnt), activated my players club card (which i dont have), and started my subscription to a members only magazine (which i've never received). this note also mentioned (threatened?) that they passed my name to a collection agency, so i called them up yesterday. the woman assured me my name had not been sent, and that they dont do that until the "8th or 9th" letter. so why does it say that? she had no answer. she offered to send me the stuff that's promised, but i laughed at her and told her to cancel what they think is my membership immediately. i also told her to send me a signed, dated letter that my name has not gone to a collection agency as she claimed (i dont believe her), because i could see this turning into something later. she assured me it wouldnt affect my credit since they dont have my ssn, but i hate her so i told her to send the letter anyway. then she told me they didnt have that letter. i told her there were probably lots of worthless people at her company and one of them could take 5 minutes to type one up. i also told her i will keep calling until it happens. we'll see how that goes.

anyway, the other nice mail i got today was my wonderful grocery store, giant, sent me a free gillette fusion razor, and coupons for shave gel and more cartridges. this can only mean 2 things: either they love me, or they want me to shave because i'm scaring all the retarded people who stand there like dumbasses in the middle of the isle when i scowl at them. either way, it's win-win!

1 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

You know, as much as I hate dealing with retarded customer service people, I almost love it. And given that I usually know more about the law than they do, given that I'm a 3L and they're a retarded customer service person, I usually manage to get something out of the whole thing.

On another note, the Fusion kicks ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home