Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

i love desk, i love lamp

i love anything that isnt sales or professional responsibility right now. and what's the deal with the UCC anyway? oooooh look at me, i govern contracts for the sale of goods, ooooooh. but i'm too good to discuss services. if you were really so special, the common law wouldnt have to fill in so many gaps in the code.

i can already tell this wont be my only latenight, incoherent post of the semester. i'm taking 16 credits, which isnt really ridiculous, except for the fact that it's 6 classes, and professors dont care how many credits the class is worth when they assign the reading. i'd like to do well this semester to solidify a good gpa, as this is still my first year at new law school, where, for better or worse, i get to start over. on top of this, i'm a volunteer for the VITA program (though i'm still in training to learn how to help people...the more sessions the better i think). though the original goal of a good gpa and participation in employment-attractive activities seems good, i wonder at times whether or not in some weird ironic twist i'm spreading myself too thin so that i will neither get good grades nor participate to any honorable extent in some activities. let's not even talk about the amount of cover letters/resumes i still need to send out. HEY, i said shutup.

though i'm pretty sure in the long run it will be good for me. maybe everything on my plate will keep me focused. if today is any indication, i wont have time for much else...though i think today wont be commonplace. assuming you actually do the work in law school, the most important thing you can have is omniscience. but second to that is organizational skills. if i plan ahead and get my shit done, i'll be fine. yeah, i'll be busy, but i'll still have plenty of time for roadtrips to the great nw, golf, and boozing. to reiterate the sentiment of an earlier post, life is good.





aaaaaand, i'm a bastard. goodnight folks!

*a preemptive disclaimer: in case you were going to either a) bitch at me about my poster or b) try to convert me, save your breath (or i suppose in this context, save your wrists an extra 3.6 seconds until carpal tunnel). i, personally, have nothing against god (except for the fact that he killed my grandfather and slept with my sister) or anyone who believes in god. the problem i have is with people, such as the one featured, who use god/religion in a malicious, hateful, persuasive, and/or fear-inspiring way. everyone is entitled to their own personal beliefs, but when people take pat robertsonesque views and use them as fuel for action, well that's just fucked up. you might be thinking, but dicta, you just said everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, then you criticized pat robertson. well, kind reader, that's cuz the line needs to be drawn somewhere, and some beliefs are just retarded. but i mean, yeah, sharon's stroke was probably due to divine intervention, and not the fact that he was old, fat, and leads a stress-driven life.

preemptive disclaimer 2: besides, if you dont have a sense of humor, you're going to hell anyway. see you there. we'll do lunch or something. i hear the tacos are killer.

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 7:28 AM, Blogger sadielady said...

I like your poster. I think I get where you're coming from; kind of like the way I hate extremely fanatical anti-abortionists who murder people who perform abortions. So you're against abortion because you think it's wrong to kill what you consider to be human life, and to support your cause you're going to ... kill people? Oookay. Don't care which side of the issue you're on (anti-abortionists suck), but you gotta admit that kind of thinking is fucked up.

And now it's official: I've tried just about every way I can possibly think of to procrastinate before my oral arguments later today, a/k/a extend my denial and pretend I'm not going to have to argue a case later today that I didn't even try and barely understand. (I tried to use strikethrough there, but couldn't figure it out for some reason. Too tired.)

 
At 1/12/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger d$ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1/12/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger d$ said...

god hates shrimp!

 
At 1/12/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger JLee said...

I knew it! I always hated those little bastard spawn of hell (except with a really, really good cocktail sauce) If all else fails, Dicta, you would make a great weatherman.

 
At 1/12/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger josh said...

oooooh meteorology is the bane of human existence. the new doppler 5000 works about as well as sacrificing virgins, which never really seemed like a good idea anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home