Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

the point was fast but it was too blunt to miss

yesterday morning i was walking out to my car to go to work when a guy drove up in the parking lot and stopped next to me. he asked me a few questions about the apartment complex. the makeup of the apartments, the rent, utilities, etc. despite his longer hair in the back to compensate for his receding hairline, there wasn't necessarily anything sketchy about him. i mean, he wasn't white trash, but he also wasn't the type of guy i'd leave unsupervised with my kids. your kids, maybe.

but my first thought after he pulled away and i got into my car was "i hope that guy didn't see which apartment i came out of so he could go rob it now." that was kind of a wake up call. i really need to get out of the customer service business. dealing with angry people all day only fuels the paranoia.

2 Comments:

At 8/08/2008 1:05 PM, Blogger Holmes said...

You're not paranoid if they all really are out to get you ;)

 
At 8/08/2008 8:38 PM, Blogger josh said...

well played

 

Post a Comment

<< Home