Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

come on

i've been interviewing at this one place. 3 or 4 interviews already, depending on what counts. it's not an ideal job, but it might be a good step to exactly where i want to be. the problem is, they're driving me fucking crazy.

every interview has gone well, and on monday the woman told me that they liked me and would just talk a bit more and check my references (something that it seems to me should have been done long ago if they were going to do it) and call me on wednesday. well they didnt call wednesday. so i called thursday and left a voicemail. no call thursday. i pick up the phone on friday and as i do it rings...it's her.

she says one of my references hasn't called back (damn, what's that like?), and asked if i have others i would give her. the problem is no one who i worked for in the past god only knows how many years is still at their position. so now she'll "try again" on monday and call me next week. meanwhile i'm sitting here like an asshole waiting and applying to other jobs. if you don't want me, just fucking be straight about it. don't lead me on for a long time. don't waste both of our time.

2 Comments:

At 7/01/2007 11:22 AM, Blogger Supreme Monkey Overlord said...

get used to it man. its going to keep happening. i've been through this enough to know how it works by now and its not a good process at all. they'll jerk you around for a few weeks and then you'll never hear from them again and when you call back they tell you some bullshit that equates to "you can't have this job, you suck, go away". and checking of references sucks, most of the time the people you used to work for or with either forgot about you or won't pick up the phone. Johnstone stopped taking calls from people checking on my references after like the 3rd one. pricks.

 
At 7/01/2007 11:34 AM, Blogger josh said...

yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. being all fake happy/upbeat/understanding is really starting to wear on me. patience is only a virtue when things work out in the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home