Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

one. more. year.

today was my triumphant return to pennsyltucky. i saw more than my share of rednecks on the drive down, but that was just the beginning of my "welcome home."

i didnt post about it before i dont think, but some of my new neighbors heard and saw someone around my apartment a couple weeks ago and the woman who lives below me thinks the guy was inside. all my stuff is here and seemingly in order. a few things seemed off, but it could just be paranoia working (or, of course, it could be true). who knows.

when this happened one of my neighbors called the landlord, who called the cops, who came inside to check it out. they didnt find anyone or see any evidence that anything was up, so they left. maintenance switched the locks. what this means is that i was locked out when i got here. so i called my landlord who sent a guy over to give me a key.

in the meantime, i met the woman who moved in downstairs with her kids and dog (and maybe husband?). she defines redneck. she's missing teeth, has a bit of a drawl, and has the same stutter as paul giamatti's character in lady in the water. she does seem to be nice though.

the other girl who moved in has two evil looking cats who sit in their respective windows and glare at you as you walk by. she also locked her bike to the railing of the stairs up to my apartment, and the handlebar protrudes into my walking space, which wouldnt be so bad except she's lined up four plants on the opposite side of four of the steps. hey bitch, you have a door on the first level, quit crowding my stairs. her bike blocks one way around the stairs, and she hung windchimes where one would walk thru on the other side. also she's fat and ugly. this could get old real fast.


UPDATE: as those of you who have read my blog for a while know, i often have stories after i go grocery shopping. today is no different. in the grocery store i saw a woman wearing a shirt that said "extra special olympics." only in pennsylvania. goddamn this place is retarded.

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 9:17 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

must be a fluke. my new neighbor drives a bmw convertible. cherry red. this kid's gonna be trouble. wanna trade neighbors?

 
At 8/17/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger josh said...

haha, i'm pretty sure yours is the fluke. i'll trade. maybe then the sketchy guy will break into that apartment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home