Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

fan mail

i recently received an email regarding my issues with the ever-shitty shipping company, dhl. at first i thought i might let it go, but then i remembered who i was. also, some of the reader's points are quite suspect. so, my friends (mostly random strangers i dont know), here is the letter:

From:"Doug"
To:coalmblog@yahoo.com
Subject: re: Dell and DHL

I work for DHL as a courier and was browsing the Google search results for "DHL". Over the years I've found that people are generally very anal about computers and money. You should have just boxed up your computer and put it out on your front doorstep and just slept off your hangover. Delivery drivers rarely have time to stop by in the late morning or early afternoon for pick ups because they are still doing time-sensitive deliveries. Might I recommend to try understanding the circumstances your DHL delivery driver has to put up with not to mention breaking route to pick up your computer between 10 and 2.

I think what happened is that the driver notified the supervisor that he/she could not make the time window and the message did not get relayed to you or maybe they could not find your contact info for them to call you.

Life goes on....


IndyDoug


first of all, who the fuck casually browses google results for their company? no wonder dhl cant do shit on time.

second, why wouldnt people be anal about computers and money? computers often help people/students in work/school, and are therefore somewhat necessary. also, computers cost a lot of money, so money is an issue, yes. perhaps i've underestimated the salary of the average dhl courier, but us normal people dont have extra money to throw around. so forgive me if i'm anal when companies give me the run-around that would be analogous to the flushing of my money down the shitter. maybe you'll hire me, indy doug?

i gave the reasons why i wouldnt just leave it on my doorstep. quite frankly, i dont trust dhl or you, indy doug. should my computer go "missing," at least this way i can say i handed it to the courier.

third, perhaps drivers do have time sensitive deliveries in the mornings. but this was an extremely time sensitive pickup. and also, arent all of your customers important? shouldnt they all be time sensitive? i would think so. besides, assuming this lame excuse to be valid, customer support at dhl were the ones who suggested the 10-2 pickup time. it's not my fault if the people at your company are too retarded to coordinate with each other. if you suggest 10-2, i will expect 10-2. and what's with the 4 hour time span? when did you become the fucking cable company?

might i recommend coordinating your company and running it like a group of actual professionals. if none of the drivers can make a 10-2, then dont suggest one and tell me you'll be there. people have to take time off work to sit around and wait for your unreliable asses. daytime television sucks, and a guy can only get a certain number of erections in 4 hours (hypothetically speaking). if you couriers are so smart, maybe you should run dhl.

regardless of all of the above, if the pickup time (talking about the ridiculous 4 hour span here) is changed, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why you, the fuckups, should not call the customer who is sitting around like an asshole waiting for you. you're right, indy doug, life does go on. but not before i will give you and your shitty ass company a giant piece of my mind. if you're indicative of the average dhl employee, then there really is no hope. long live ups.

Defunct Hopeless Limpdicks

5 Comments:

At 8/12/2006 11:57 PM, Blogger josh said...

ps. anyone who would like to contact indy doug about their own personal dhl experiences can reach him at indydoug@knac.com

 
At 8/13/2006 1:52 AM, Blogger LawStudentGuyPerson said...

Can I get a hallelujah?!

IndyDoug just got the Dicta smackdown. I hope someday we meet in court, sir, so I can go up against some shit like that.

 
At 8/13/2006 6:41 PM, Blogger JLee said...

wow, what a company man. I don't know about DHL, but I wanna kick the ass of the UPS man who CLAIMS he delivered some clothing/shoes to my house and it was signed for, yet I never received it and no one was home! When I called to reorder the stuff, of course half of it was discontinued/out of stock. BASTARDS!!

 
At 8/13/2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Supreme Monkey Overlord said...

oh snap!

in reguards to the google search of your own company, i was actually doing that the other day. i did a search for my own company and tried to find if we actually had any adds saying we're looking for people. i even checked the papers. i found nothing. when i confronted my boss about this, she got pissed and said they did infact have this stuff. she was lying. i was checking up on my own company to have info to use against my boss.

its a reason

 
At 8/18/2006 6:52 PM, Blogger the littlest tortfeasor said...

I don't Google my company, but I looked them up while Westlaw pointwhoring. It's fun to count the fraud and illegal chemical dumping cases...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home