Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Monday, April 14, 2008

fore!

sunday was my first golf tournament in my league. my performance can pretty much be summed up by 1 word: unimpressive.

i can sort of give myself a break on this one. now, this doesn't mean excuses. i played pretty horribly (well, moreso on the back 9). but this was my first full round and i was playing with new clubs. i like them a lot, especially the wedges and 9 iron. but i don't get as much distance with these clubs as i did with my old ones, and i don't like that.

this was also the first time i'd ever been in a league or tournament. my league is both. every event is tournament. i think that makes it cool.

for the first tournament, they picked a narrow course. and the league has me at the blue tees because of my handicap. now, when i submitted my approximate scores so they could assign my estimated handicap (until i have enough scores to officially get a real one), i didn't even think about it, but my scores are from the white tees because that's what i usually play. i think i could score just as well from the blues if i can just improve my driving accuracy. so that's something to work on.

all in all, it was really fun though. got some exercise, played some golf, met some new people (i know, i hate people, but i did kind of like 2 of the guys i played with), and i almost even won some money on the first round. on the closest-to-the-pin hole i knocked my tee shot to 6ft 6in. unfortunately, someone had already hit it to 6ft even. oh well, honorable mention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home