Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Friday, February 16, 2007

i'm a believer

in karma. just kidding, some things never change. but 2 things happened today that almost made me question my non-belief. almost.

1) my school is closed tomorrow. i dont have friday classes so it doesnt affect me, but it's funny. it's funny because my school's brilliant administration decided to change buildings this year from a nice, comfortable, spacious, loved building with a central convenient location to a building in the north end of town that is cold, unwelcoming, not conducive to a school, hated, and right across the street from a huge truckstop. all the bad weather pennsyltucky has been getting combined with the fact that apparently the invention known as the snowplow has yet to reach pennsylvania has made for tons of accidents all over eastern and central pennsylvania. despite the fact that it hasn't snowed since wednesday, my school is still closed tomorrow because all the traffic means severely limited access to the road our new school building is on. it seems as though so many trucks had to stop because of the traffic that the road will be unnavigable. smart move, administration. way to be across from a truckstop.

2) this morning i was walking to my rental car to go to school when this guy who frequently visits my old neighbor next door (i think he's her son) called over the fence and asked me if i had a car. i said i did, and he asked if i would help jump his truck. he had cables, so i agreed. he was a nice enough guy, and he thanked me several times. then, after his car started he told me a little story i hadnt heard yet. he told me that mary bought a car yesterday (how i dont know, i dont think she works unless she's a prostitute which is a possibility, though i still dont know how she brings in any money even if that's the case). then he told me she also wrecked it yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home