Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

it's 9am, come to daddy

i love coffee. i like my coffee like my friend debbie likes her men: tall, black, and with children (i call those children sausage, egg, and cheese mcmuffins). but there is always the dilemma of where to get my coffee in the morning (despite having a coffee pot in the office, we have no coffee, and who am i to change that). there are three obvious choices: tim hortons, dunkin donuts and mcdonalds.

tim hortons is somewhat of a wildcard here, since i'm largely unfamiliar with it. this is the first i've seen in my home state, and the only other one i've seen is in pennsylvania. i'm pretty sure its a dunkin donuts wannabe, but i've heard they have good coffee. however, tim hortons is also on the left, meaning i would twice have to cut all the way across the morning rush hour traffic, so that's a drawback.

dunkin donuts is sweet, but it's also in a gas station meaning there's no drive thru. that kind of defeats the purpose, for the morning commute at least. they put their breakfast sandwiches on bagels which is great, but their egg and sausage is so plastic-y and fake.

mcdonalds has good coffee, newman's own organics to be exact. i dont know how long they've had it, or if they always have but recently changed the cups. it's still not as good as dunkin donuts coffee, but mcdonalds has the superior sausage, egg and cheese sandwich in my mind. also, the mcdonalds staff at this particular location is always very friendly, even in the morning. today the drive thru lady even told me she liked my tie. it is a nice tie.

i suppose i could just mix it up depending on what i felt like each day, but then i couldnt blog about the options cuz it would all be so simple. ok, back to this 60 page complaint with the assistance of my dark master.

5 Comments:

At 7/06/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Damon said...

Tim Horton's eh? Since when did they build them south of the border? Aside from the crossing traffic bit, I'd support our Canadian friends.

I don't drink coffee and am amazed you put DD coffee above McD's new coffee which is actually made by Green Mtn, who I invest heavily in, and I like DD food, but avoid McD, so I would have thought DD would have better food, but McD better coffee, and you say the opposite. Well my bro loves DD coffee too.

How about this? Your long commute surely passes some local joints, don't support those giant chains. Maybe less crowded too, though I bet the DD w/o a drive thru has fewer people than most of those swamped places.

Ok if I keep adding long comments to all your posts, it'll be like a blog-jack and all your fans will go away. Sorry, but our blog is so quiet.

 
At 7/06/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger josh said...

hey now, you're always welcome here, long or short comments. this blog is for my amusement (and others if they find it), and discussion amuses me.

the mcdonalds coffee is quite good, i think i just have a taste for dd. i might also take your advice and check out tim hortons...i know dominique has said good things about it too, as there's one near her apt/school.

most of my commute is 9 and 95, so i dont really pass any local places, or any place, until i get to the city where i work. and even then, it's mostly chains. but i see your point.

who knows, maybe tomorrow i'll try tim hortons. for my first visit i might actually go inside to get a feel for the place/menu. trying new stuff is fun.

 
At 7/06/2006 12:29 PM, Blogger JLee said...

coffee..the nectar of the gods. I am a Starbucks snob personally. Now they are going to start serving breakfast sandwiches, so they will receive even more of my money!

 
At 7/06/2006 5:13 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

dunkin' donuts. how could you even consider anything else?!

and mcd's has newman's? wtf?! is this like some sort of healthy food bizarro world? amazing.

but still, DD. HANDS DOWN. (i agree with you about the drive-through, though. but having to get out of your car and go inside is, in most cases, worth it.)

 
At 7/06/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

oh, just read damon's post. yeah, local joints are the best. but in the alternative, DD. :D (or starbucks, as jlee suggests. but if all you want is coffee, not a cappuccino, go to DD.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home