Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Friday, June 30, 2006

dell (dude, you're getting a shitbox)

dell sucks. i know i've posted something very similar before about dell, but my dell is giving me fucking problems again. i bought my dell 2 years ago, in the summer before i began law school. within the first 3 months, it was taking my dell 10 minutes, minutes just to load my desktop. i called dell, and dell outsourced me to fucking india where the dell guy thickly told me to shove my dell up a camel's ass, trip said camel full o' dell, then punch it in the face. this supposedly would cure my dell. surprise surprise, it didnt fix my dell. when it didnt work i felt bad about punching the camel, but then i realized it was dell property, so i punched it again.

fast forward to february, and my dell desktop is now taking at least 45-50 minutes to load before i can use any dell applications on my dell. from november thru february i had constantly fought on the phone with dell, and had also sent no fewer than 20 emails to dell. i had it with dell. i demanded that dell send a dell technician or that they give me a new dell or something, since none of the dell outsourcing folks could fix my dell. finally, dell agreed that my dell hard drive was defective, and dell said they would replace it. of course, dell fought so hard with me because i was still under my dell warranty then and it was free. dell is a bunch of pricks.

but i was pissed at dell, and dell had been assholes to me, so i decided to be an asshole to dell. i demanded that dell send someone to my apartment and change the dell hard drives themselves, even though this is a very simple task, even on a dell. dell complied with my request.

since then my dell desktop has loaded fine, but my dell blue-screens on me at startup sometimes. it has been every now and then, but this week my shitty dell blue-screened 3 times. it doesnt seem to be fucking anything up on my dell, but i'm afraid it might, and furthermore it's just really fucking annoying.

fuck you dell. dell has always sucked, dell still sucks, and dell will always suck. i will never again buy a dell, i will never shop for a dell, i will never recommend dell to others, and if someone is considering a dell i will advise them against it. dell computers are shitty, and dell's service is even shittier. i hate you dell.

i hope that's enough times to come up somewhere for a google/blog search.

dell (sucks).

9 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 10:23 AM, Blogger josh said...

nice, i just did a blog search for "dell" and this post was the #2 hit.

fuck you dell

 
At 6/30/2006 10:25 AM, Blogger d$ said...

my dell is also a piece of shit. they agreed to send me a new hard drive.. then i found out it's a problem with the mother board! hoorah! and they gave me the run around for long enough that my waranty expired and no one at dell will talk to me unless i buy some sort of extra service support package! buuulllll shhhiiiiittt.

 
At 6/30/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Damon said...

That is bullshit that if you complained during the warranty they won't fix it now. Also, this is kinda surprising because back in the day, Dell was supposed to be good because they used good name brand parts unlike Packard Bell and Compaq that made p.o.s.'s. And now dicta, your problem sounds like's it's a MS problem, not a Dell one. Summer would be a super time to try out linux and banish the blue screen forever.

 
At 6/30/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

hm. sounds like my gateway problem, only, dell didn't try to charge you $700 - the price of a new laptop - just to replace the motherboard that gateway itself f-ed up.

but still, dell does suck. i concur. gateway sucks, too.

but toshiba's wonderful. :D

 
At 6/30/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Brancibeer said...

What system are running? XP? I've heard of that startup problem before and i beleive that there is a way to fix it with some tweaking.

My dell laptop is sweet. I love it! But its only 6months old so we'll see...

 
At 6/30/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger LauraDorf said...

That sounds like my iBook problem.

No wait.

I haven't had any iBook problems :)

 
At 6/30/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger d$ said...

It is bullshit, and when i call them on it i get put on hold for 45min and then my call mysteriously gets disconnected. Dell is supposedly opening a store (not just a mall kiosk) somewhere in NY. Perhaps if i ever get a chance ill bring it there where i can talk to someone about it face to face.

 
At 7/02/2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Supreme Monkey Overlord said...

i've bought a few dells and had nothing but great luck with all of them. no problems. i have one that is 8 years old and still runs great since i can take cazre of the normal cycle of formating it every year or so. dell used to come to people dorm rooms at schoolto fix stuff. most of the people i know who have dells are very satisfied with them. i find most computer problems are the fault of neglegent users and most problems can be fixed by formating the hard drive and starting from scratch.

 
At 7/02/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger d$ said...

Maybe my computer would run better if I knew how to fix it myself. But, it's been blue screening, freezing up, and restarting at random since the day it arrived. I think it's unreasonable to have to fix a computer as soon as you buy it. Also, all the computers at our lab are Dells, they crash about once a month and the computer help desk can't figure out what's wrong with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home