Confessions of a Litigious Mind

The random, irrelevant musings of a law school graduate.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

desperation tango

are any of my faithful readers either westlaw or lexis reps? can you answer a question for me? what's the deal, yo?!

tonight, a westlaw rep from my school contacted me VIA FACEBOOK with the following message:

If you give me the opportunity to train you by
April 30th I will give you 300 points. I just need
at most 10 minutes of your time. Please let me
know what days/times would be best for you.

Thank you!


why do they want to train me so badly? it can't be for my benefit. i'm a transfer, so how does this rep know if i was trained last year? and 300 points? please, i'll require at least 1.5 million for you to train me during the first week of exams.

furthermore, this rep has been in a few of my classes, but i'm pretty sure we've never spoken to each other. we're not friends on facebook, so she clearly had to seek me out to do this. and why on facebook? why didnt she just look up my email address and send it there?

this whole town is on crack!

4 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 1:31 AM, Blogger That Guy said...

I've never been able to bring myself to care about the westlaw or lexis points. For the amount of time it would take for me to get anything with those I could hike around the world twice.

 
At 4/23/2006 1:50 AM, Blogger josh said...

me too. you can get better prizes by playing skeeball and winning tickets. true story, i did it last weekend.

 
At 4/23/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger law monkey said...

hahaha i think i know which rep that is! (how can i describe her in a nice way ... her shirts could use about 2 feet of extra hem and slack around the waist...)

and if it's the one i'm thinking of , i don't think she wants to give you westlaw training... or westlaw points...

surprising that she'd only want 10 minutes of your time, though.

 
At 4/24/2006 2:54 PM, Blogger law monkey said...

sorry, just to update my post...turns out the chick isn't the one i was thinking of.

there's a rather ... scary westlaw girl at our school who, let's say, likes to prey on males. trust me gentlemen, this girl is not the type you'd want to get to know.

anyway, dicta, i'm glad to find out that it's not her. and in any case, screw training. those points are good for nothin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home